Friday, May 30, 2014

*Cue Alice Cooper*

"Schools out for Summa'.."

I now have a 3rd Grader! 

THIRD!

GRADE!

That is CRAZY!!!


Third grade seems so old to me. He's starting the "half way" mark of his grade school years!

I just keep thinking about 3rd grade and how they say its one of the toughest years of school, or at least they said that when I was in school many moons ago. I'm a little nervous about the teacher selection this coming year. However I was last year too and Kobe got the teacher I originally wished he wouldn't get and come to find out she was awesome! You hear all these "horror" stories from other ppl when honestly you just need to find out on your own. I loved Kobe's teacher this year and I was glad he had her.

Kobe's report card was awesome.. he got straight A's! I'm very proud of him!!

Tuesday morning we went and signed up for the Summer Reading Program at the public Library. I love that he wants to do this every year. It makes me proud and I know it makes his Mamaw Kathi proud since none of us (her kids) were readers. I HATE to read unless its on the internet or some magazine.. Not Kobe he loves to read. He picked such a variety of books too, even the Librarian commented on his variety lol. He chose a book about Mars, How to raise Chickens, Monster Trucks, Science Experiments, and How to Draw Dinosaurs lol..
Making sure this book about Mars was good enough to check out.

Decisions.. decisions!!

Finally picked out all his books..

In other news.. Kinda sad new really.. We are getting ride of Duke :( I hate it and so does Kobe but for some reason he attacks Kobe.. Kobe will just be walking by and he'll just attack Kobe. He's not playing either because we've seen him play with Kobe.. he's being vicious. He even snapped at me the other day. Jason will not have a dog that does that.. We've giving him a lot of chances and tried things we've read/heard about to try and its getting worse.. Here are some pics just to show you.. Kobe had a shirt ON too..


We aren't sure whats causing it.. he's a well loved dog.. especially by Kobe.. So we'll be finding him a home in the near future :( As much as my heart breaks.. because I do love him.. but I can't have him hurting my baby either.. He is so strong and I'm afraid one time when Jason isn't home he'll attack Kobe and it will be more serious..

Another little tidbit of info.. Kobe lost another tooth! Still haven't lost those top teeth yet but one is slightly wiggling!!

No comments:

Post a Comment